I can't believe January is already in the past and February has started.
2011, thus far, is flying by.
I wish I had more interesting things to blog about, but right now my life is consumed with work and coaching basketball.
No complaints though.
Things are finally running smoothly.
I'm back at the gym 3X a week.
I truly can say everything happens for a reason.
As much as I didn't see why a few months ago, I clearly see why now.
:)
In other news, the team I coach basketball for has made headline news around the world.
We, West Ridge Academy, lost 3-108 to Christian Heritage School.
I have to clarify something.
We NEVER asked for an apology. We didn't even think twice about the score.
We know we're not the strongest team out there.
We just happened to be playing an extremely talented team.
Our girls have never played basketball before.
For them to be a part of a team is huge.
They never gave up.
The score never crossed their minds, nor did it cross mine.
Losing isn't a horrible thing.
My girls know how to handle it.
Obviously, society doesn't.
This loss was minimal to the girls.
So, thank you, everyone (especially the media) for blowing up something so tiny to news that was nation wide worthy.
Cnn. NBC. Inside Edition. ESPN. Good Morning America.
You name it, we made it on it.
Nike has decided to sponsor our school, with new shoes for the girls and $25,000.
So, in the end...we won. A whole lot more than a basketball game.
We won our pride. We won respect.
And most importantly, we gained a whole lot of support.
Our girls are fine. They are pressing forwards and practicing harder than ever.
It's just a game.
In OTHER news...I am headed to Texas in 24 hours to see Andrew's Air Force Boot Camp Ceremony.
I am SO excited to see him, especially how much he has grown up. Not that he wasn't before, but I am pretty sure he will be like a new person.
It's 3:10am and I'm awake...because of fantastic grave yard shifts....not.
At least I'll get a week off :)
If you're interested.
We are replaying CHS on Thursday 2/3.
The Inside Edition will be here to film it, along with many other media outlets.
Look for us.
It's a game you won't want to miss.
Go Lady Eagles!
No comments:
Post a Comment