This post title has two meanings:
A. I've been a busy bee
AND
B. I went and watched the minor-league baseball team, the "Bees" tonight.
The family I work with took a vacation to Colorado for some much needed R&R. So, of course that means I have extra time to be productive. Or at least try to be! I'm not sure how I'll fill my next few days off, but I'm sure I won't have any difficulties looking for things to do around here.
Today I went the the Department of Public Safety (not the DMV) to get my Utah Drivers License. To my pleasant surprise I got in and out of there within 30 minutes. It was a very quick process, the thing that took the longest was the Written Test I had to take, which I passed with flying colors :).
Sadly, they took my California License and put a big fat whole through my name. It was actually a bit painful to watch. I really am no longer a Californian. I even registered to vote in Utah, weird. But, I am one step closer to gaining Residency...score!
After my quick trip to the DPS and getting that taken care of, I drove around for AN HOUR looking for a darn Post Office or UPS store. Not even my Iphone could get me anywhere near one. It brought me here and there, but never to an actual place that I could send a package out of! I ended up to the west of highway 15 at some UPS freight warehouse. It was so overwhelming and a bit disconcerning. At one point I even asked "Do people in Utah even send packages!?" I was so annoyed!
Anyways, just when I gave up and decided to head home, I see a Post Office out of the corner of my eye. Amazing! And sadly, two blocks from my house. I felt like such an idiot. None the less, the package to my Grandmother is in the mail and I now know where the Post Office is for future reference...thank goodness.
I came to some realization today that my California "summer" clothes don't par up to what is needed in Utah for summer. It is SO dang hot and dry here that I can't bare to wear jeans, what my closet mainly consists of. So, of course that called for a trip to The Gateway, a mall in Salt Lake City, wahoo! I ended up scoring two pairs of cute shorts, that aren't too short, and a pair of capris! And they don't look too darn bad, if I do say so myself!

Tonight I went with a group to see The Bees, the minor league team for the Los Angeles Angels.
We scored some awesome seats by "sitting with a purpose". AKA we sat not where our tickets told us to, but where we wanted to, :). It was so beautiful, with the mountains surrounding us. It was a really fun evening, even though the Bees lost to Fresno!

AND
B. I went and watched the minor-league baseball team, the "Bees" tonight.
The family I work with took a vacation to Colorado for some much needed R&R. So, of course that means I have extra time to be productive. Or at least try to be! I'm not sure how I'll fill my next few days off, but I'm sure I won't have any difficulties looking for things to do around here.
Today I went the the Department of Public Safety (not the DMV) to get my Utah Drivers License. To my pleasant surprise I got in and out of there within 30 minutes. It was a very quick process, the thing that took the longest was the Written Test I had to take, which I passed with flying colors :).
Sadly, they took my California License and put a big fat whole through my name. It was actually a bit painful to watch. I really am no longer a Californian. I even registered to vote in Utah, weird. But, I am one step closer to gaining Residency...score!
After my quick trip to the DPS and getting that taken care of, I drove around for AN HOUR looking for a darn Post Office or UPS store. Not even my Iphone could get me anywhere near one. It brought me here and there, but never to an actual place that I could send a package out of! I ended up to the west of highway 15 at some UPS freight warehouse. It was so overwhelming and a bit disconcerning. At one point I even asked "Do people in Utah even send packages!?" I was so annoyed!
Anyways, just when I gave up and decided to head home, I see a Post Office out of the corner of my eye. Amazing! And sadly, two blocks from my house. I felt like such an idiot. None the less, the package to my Grandmother is in the mail and I now know where the Post Office is for future reference...thank goodness.
I came to some realization today that my California "summer" clothes don't par up to what is needed in Utah for summer. It is SO dang hot and dry here that I can't bare to wear jeans, what my closet mainly consists of. So, of course that called for a trip to The Gateway, a mall in Salt Lake City, wahoo! I ended up scoring two pairs of cute shorts, that aren't too short, and a pair of capris! And they don't look too darn bad, if I do say so myself!

Tonight I went with a group to see The Bees, the minor league team for the Los Angeles Angels.
We scored some awesome seats by "sitting with a purpose". AKA we sat not where our tickets told us to, but where we wanted to, :). It was so beautiful, with the mountains surrounding us. It was a really fun evening, even though the Bees lost to Fresno!

No comments:
Post a Comment