Ever have those days where you just hear all sorts of news that's a bit overwhelming?
Or run into situations that you're not sure how to handle?
Or have moments where you feel guilty?
Or simply want to check out for a few days to escape the madness?
This weekend was pretty much one of those weekends.
Friday I went to the Fair with Melissa. It was so much fun to hang out with a friend from back home. We had an enjoyable girls night, which included watching a hypnotis. If you have never seen one, I highly recommend you put it on your "bucket list". ;)

I stayed in bed pretty much all day Saturday, until it was time to go to the Brad Paisley concert. (Which, by the way, was amazing and made me smile).
Anyways, I felt so guilty for not getting out of bed and doing something with my day and free time. But I just couldn't drag myself to want to go out and do something. I felt like it was such a wasted day, yet I was so relaxed.


I get to the concert and run into an awkward situation, which I won't discuss here. But it made things for the rest of the night just awkward and not so enjoyable. What made the night even more worse, though, was I got a call from a dear friend back home saying that my Grandmother was back in the hospital. Greattttt....just the way I wanted to find out, in a stinking voice message, without any details. So, of course, throughout the whole concert I am worried sick about my Grandmother and feeling really guilty I never returned her call last week. BUT, on a positive note I wrote her a letter and sent it out Tuesday, with pictures included. So, I didn't feel like such a failure on that end. I do regret not calling her back, she's the one who is sick and calling ME. It's just made me realize I shouldn't take the people in my life for granted, and I shouldn't put things off. Ugh. What a sour note to end the night. OH! AND my sunglesses were stepped on at the concert by yours truly. Ugh. AND...a storm came passing through and dumped on us at the concert. Silly bipolar Utah Weather!
In times like these I kind of just wish I was at home, where there is a sense of security.
I had my "escape" moment today when I went with my Nanny Fam to Octoberfest up in Snowbird Canyon. It was so beautiful! It was a fun afternoon. I'm so greatful for them opening up their lives(and Family) to me and making me feel included. Just being surrounded by them makes me a feel a bit more at home. Thanks Karin and Alex! ;)

To finish the weekend off, I took a test for my online course. Sike! I FAILED the test because my computer decided to shut off in the middle of the test. Yea, what a bummer. And it continues to shut off randomly...the joys of technology!
I was so frustrated I just wanted to curl up in a ball and cry. Really. It's been one of those weekends that everything just doesn't seem to be going right. Hopefully tomorrow marks a new beginning to a really fun week...but at this rate, who knows!
Or run into situations that you're not sure how to handle?
Or have moments where you feel guilty?
Or simply want to check out for a few days to escape the madness?
This weekend was pretty much one of those weekends.
Friday I went to the Fair with Melissa. It was so much fun to hang out with a friend from back home. We had an enjoyable girls night, which included watching a hypnotis. If you have never seen one, I highly recommend you put it on your "bucket list". ;)
I stayed in bed pretty much all day Saturday, until it was time to go to the Brad Paisley concert. (Which, by the way, was amazing and made me smile).
Anyways, I felt so guilty for not getting out of bed and doing something with my day and free time. But I just couldn't drag myself to want to go out and do something. I felt like it was such a wasted day, yet I was so relaxed.


I get to the concert and run into an awkward situation, which I won't discuss here. But it made things for the rest of the night just awkward and not so enjoyable. What made the night even more worse, though, was I got a call from a dear friend back home saying that my Grandmother was back in the hospital. Greattttt....just the way I wanted to find out, in a stinking voice message, without any details. So, of course, throughout the whole concert I am worried sick about my Grandmother and feeling really guilty I never returned her call last week. BUT, on a positive note I wrote her a letter and sent it out Tuesday, with pictures included. So, I didn't feel like such a failure on that end. I do regret not calling her back, she's the one who is sick and calling ME. It's just made me realize I shouldn't take the people in my life for granted, and I shouldn't put things off. Ugh. What a sour note to end the night. OH! AND my sunglesses were stepped on at the concert by yours truly. Ugh. AND...a storm came passing through and dumped on us at the concert. Silly bipolar Utah Weather!
In times like these I kind of just wish I was at home, where there is a sense of security.
I had my "escape" moment today when I went with my Nanny Fam to Octoberfest up in Snowbird Canyon. It was so beautiful! It was a fun afternoon. I'm so greatful for them opening up their lives(and Family) to me and making me feel included. Just being surrounded by them makes me a feel a bit more at home. Thanks Karin and Alex! ;)

To finish the weekend off, I took a test for my online course. Sike! I FAILED the test because my computer decided to shut off in the middle of the test. Yea, what a bummer. And it continues to shut off randomly...the joys of technology!
I was so frustrated I just wanted to curl up in a ball and cry. Really. It's been one of those weekends that everything just doesn't seem to be going right. Hopefully tomorrow marks a new beginning to a really fun week...but at this rate, who knows!
No comments:
Post a Comment