Ingredients:
-A warm cup of milk
-sugar, as needed
-a dash of coffee
-Grandmother's special touch
Growing up I always wanted to be like my Grandmother. I always wanted what she was having, including coffee. Often she made me her special "pearl coffee". It was such a special treat to go upstairs some mornings and have "pearl coffee" with her, I miss those days.
One afternoon my Grandmother picked me up from school(many years ago). She had an old-school Buick and often would keep her Starbucks (or Petes?) Coffee cup beneath the arm rest in the front seat. That one day she had just picked up Coffee, and I had just gotten into her car and raised the arm rest. I didn't expect a coffee cup would be hiding under there and definitely didn't expect it to immediately spill all over the place. I think within two minutes I had heard every bad word there was, felt mortified and awful, all in one.
Over the next few days I watched as that deep colored coffee stain grew lighter and lighter, until it eventually blended in completely with her light brown cloth seats.
It was that moment that the "uh-oh" matter became a forever life time "laughing" matter.
It's so fun to reflect back and look at all the moments in my life that were so frustrating and disappointing, and laugh at them.
It's moments like these that keep me going. The situations that once had me on the edge of my seat, are now life learning lessons that make me laugh.
It's funny how over time things just don't seem that bad anymore.
Some days are better than others, but that's the joy in life.
-A warm cup of milk
-sugar, as needed
-a dash of coffee
-Grandmother's special touch
Growing up I always wanted to be like my Grandmother. I always wanted what she was having, including coffee. Often she made me her special "pearl coffee". It was such a special treat to go upstairs some mornings and have "pearl coffee" with her, I miss those days.
One afternoon my Grandmother picked me up from school(many years ago). She had an old-school Buick and often would keep her Starbucks (or Petes?) Coffee cup beneath the arm rest in the front seat. That one day she had just picked up Coffee, and I had just gotten into her car and raised the arm rest. I didn't expect a coffee cup would be hiding under there and definitely didn't expect it to immediately spill all over the place. I think within two minutes I had heard every bad word there was, felt mortified and awful, all in one.
Over the next few days I watched as that deep colored coffee stain grew lighter and lighter, until it eventually blended in completely with her light brown cloth seats.
It was that moment that the "uh-oh" matter became a forever life time "laughing" matter.
It's so fun to reflect back and look at all the moments in my life that were so frustrating and disappointing, and laugh at them.
It's moments like these that keep me going. The situations that once had me on the edge of my seat, are now life learning lessons that make me laugh.
It's funny how over time things just don't seem that bad anymore.
Some days are better than others, but that's the joy in life.
No comments:
Post a Comment