It's Raining. Not Snowing, Raining.
Weird.
I haven't really seen it rain this much since I lived in California.
I actually think I'd much rather have the snow...It's more beautiful to look out the window, instead of looking at dark clouds and wet roads...that's depressing.
I can't wait for it to be Spring- I'm sure it's really pretty here in Utah.
And then it’ll be summer...and there will be no more gloomy days like today, I hope.
Have I mentioned how much I'm not a fan of Valentine's Day?
If not...let me tell you.
I don't think there should be a day on the calendar dedicated to telling someone how much you love them, or letting someone know you care. I think that day should be any day, when someone feels the need to express their gratitude/love/whatever to another.
Thomas and I both agreed that we didn't need to go all out for Valentine's Day...and I'm glad.
I'm beginning to like, more and more, relaxing do-nothing weekends.
They're the best.
Friday night Thomas and I rented a movie with our good friends Kellee and Hank (whom soon should be engaged ;)). We ordered take-out Chinese food and became couch potatoes. It was perfect, just what the Doctor ordered, as my Mom would say.
Thankfully, I didn't have class Saturday morning so I was able to sleep in for the first time in, what has felt like, forever!
I spent the day running errands, being lazy, and procrastinating. My kind of day!
That night Thomas took me out to an extremely delicious restaurant that served Sea Food! I have yet to find a place worthy of going back for Sea Food, but this place was so good! I don’t know how they do it, because we sure don’t have fresh water anywhere near us! On our way home we randomly decided to hit up the Comedy Club we had our first date at. I am SO glad we did because it was probably the funniest one thus far! We were both passed out by midnight, we are getting so old!
On Sunday I spent the day with Thomas’ family. I love Sundays because that’s his family day, which I’ve become a part of! And, It’s guaranteed we’ll eat a home cooked meal, something I truly miss! We’ve also started a new tradition of playing Skipbo- a really fun card game! Last night the boys dominated, leaving Thomas’ Mom and I without a win, bummer! To top the awesome weekend off, Thomas and I bought our tickets to CALIFORNIA! We are SO excited to have the opportunity to go over Spring Break to get away for a few days! Thomas said “I’m going because I want to go with you and because I want your Mama’s cookin’”…oh he’s in for a treat!
I need to make sure I have more relaxing weekends like this last one. It left me not wanting to get out of bed Monday morning, urgh. I dread Mondays so much for a few reasons. My weeks are so busy with school and work, I have no time to get anything done. I don’t get nearly enough sleep as I need. Thomas works way too much during the week and we barely see each other. I don’t get a moment to breath.
Weird.
I haven't really seen it rain this much since I lived in California.
I actually think I'd much rather have the snow...It's more beautiful to look out the window, instead of looking at dark clouds and wet roads...that's depressing.
I can't wait for it to be Spring- I'm sure it's really pretty here in Utah.
And then it’ll be summer...and there will be no more gloomy days like today, I hope.
Have I mentioned how much I'm not a fan of Valentine's Day?
If not...let me tell you.
I don't think there should be a day on the calendar dedicated to telling someone how much you love them, or letting someone know you care. I think that day should be any day, when someone feels the need to express their gratitude/love/whatever to another.
Thomas and I both agreed that we didn't need to go all out for Valentine's Day...and I'm glad.
I'm beginning to like, more and more, relaxing do-nothing weekends.
They're the best.
Friday night Thomas and I rented a movie with our good friends Kellee and Hank (whom soon should be engaged ;)). We ordered take-out Chinese food and became couch potatoes. It was perfect, just what the Doctor ordered, as my Mom would say.
Thankfully, I didn't have class Saturday morning so I was able to sleep in for the first time in, what has felt like, forever!
I spent the day running errands, being lazy, and procrastinating. My kind of day!
That night Thomas took me out to an extremely delicious restaurant that served Sea Food! I have yet to find a place worthy of going back for Sea Food, but this place was so good! I don’t know how they do it, because we sure don’t have fresh water anywhere near us! On our way home we randomly decided to hit up the Comedy Club we had our first date at. I am SO glad we did because it was probably the funniest one thus far! We were both passed out by midnight, we are getting so old!
On Sunday I spent the day with Thomas’ family. I love Sundays because that’s his family day, which I’ve become a part of! And, It’s guaranteed we’ll eat a home cooked meal, something I truly miss! We’ve also started a new tradition of playing Skipbo- a really fun card game! Last night the boys dominated, leaving Thomas’ Mom and I without a win, bummer! To top the awesome weekend off, Thomas and I bought our tickets to CALIFORNIA! We are SO excited to have the opportunity to go over Spring Break to get away for a few days! Thomas said “I’m going because I want to go with you and because I want your Mama’s cookin’”…oh he’s in for a treat!
I need to make sure I have more relaxing weekends like this last one. It left me not wanting to get out of bed Monday morning, urgh. I dread Mondays so much for a few reasons. My weeks are so busy with school and work, I have no time to get anything done. I don’t get nearly enough sleep as I need. Thomas works way too much during the week and we barely see each other. I don’t get a moment to breath.
No comments:
Post a Comment