Sunday, July 3, 2011

Boatin' and Floatin' the days away


4th of July just is not the same this year.
I am longing to be home in California with my family.
Waving the flag and throwing candy in my home-town parade.
Watching my brothers BBQ it up at the annual Car Club BBQ.
Watching fireworks over the San Francisco skyline.
And falling asleep to the sound of little firecrackers that do nothing more than make noise.

July 2nd will have to be my new July 4th.
Since it appears that's when Utah celebrates.

This weekend I went boating!
I got up wake-boarding on my first try.
Water skiing too.
It was an absolute blast.
I have the best sunburn in the world to prove it.
After boating all day, we had a BBQ and watched fireworks.
I was out until 1:30am.
But it was such a gorgeous, fun, and laughter-filled day.
It was exactly what I needed.

Next week will mark my two year move to Utah.
It is extremely crazy to think about all that I have accomplished in these two short years.
In less than three weeks, my parents and brother will be out here for a well-deserved vacation.
I am counting down the days, hours, and minutes.
And, in less than a month I'll turn the golden 22.
I am SO excited.
I have a feeling being 22 will be a whole lot better than 21.
Plus, 22 has always been my lucky number.

School...is currently weighing me down.
But in 4 weeks, I'll be a free bird...
and I'll be able to fly again...for a few weeks or so ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment