Wednesday, February 23, 2011

5:54am wake up call

I work a grave shift every Thursday.
5pm Thursday- 8am Friday.
It is extremely exhausting, but it it knocks off 15 hours, in one shift, of the 40 I get to work every week.
I usually will text my Dad, to help me stay awake, around 4am my time.
After I've sent one text, I get an instant phone call from him.
(He's not a big texter)
We chat for a few minutes and it's back to work I must go.

Well the other night, I was sound asleep...kind of.
I was debating to hit up the gym at 5am or not.
I chose the later, not.
I doze back off to sleep, but not soundly.
I awake to my phone rudely going off at 5:54am.
I see it's my Dad calling and instantly jump out of bed and answer.
(you know, thinking it's an emergency or something)
Oh, what a relief he was just calling to say Hi at 5:54am.
One day he'll learn people my age sleep in past 8am, whenever they can.
His response to my sleepy self
"I'm just getting you back for all the times you've texted me at 3am!"
The difference...he's always awake at that time...I am not.

Someday he'll learn he didn't pass off his "no sleep needed" gene to any of Sowell kids.



No comments:

Post a Comment