Thursday, February 17, 2011

Mastering my Fears

I've been sick for almost two weeks....which means I have had A LOT of spare time on my hands.
A good thing? I think so!

I was doing some reading, out of the Ensign, and came across this article.
http://lds.org/ensign/2011/02/did-i-still-love-him?lang=eng

It REALLY stood out to me!

I won't go into too much detail right now, but I felt like I needed to share it.
It probably does not mean anything to many people, but it meant something to me.
I guess the story really brought to light my own insecurities...that maybe I just am not good enough. But... I AM good enough...YOU are good enough.


“Opposition turns up almost anyplace something good has happened. It can happen when you are trying to get an education. It can hit you after your first month in your new mission field. It certainly happens in matters of love and marriage. … There are cautions and considerations to make, but once there has been genuine illumination, beware the temptation to retreat from a good thing. If it was right when you prayed about it and trusted it and lived for it, it is right now. Don’t give up when the pressure mounts. … Face your doubts. Master your fears. ‘Cast not away therefore your confidence.’ Stay the course and see the beauty of life unfold for you.”

For me, giving up is always the easiest thing to do. Abandoning shop is what I so often do the first sign of waves.
I am a jumper.
I never face my fears, or my burdens, because that seems to painful and complicated.
I have to remind myself all too often how I have to keep on keepin' on.
I can't allow myself to retreat from hard situations.
I can do hard things.
I have to believe in myself and try.
Because some day, I'll run from the best thing that will ever happen from me.
I don't want to make that mistake.
I am going to master my fear...because it can only make me stronger!



No comments:

Post a Comment