Friday, February 18, 2011

2am Rambles


It's 1:45am and I am awake.
Not by choice...not at all.

But...I spent too much time at the gym tonight
hence why I am wide awake.

I decided the gym is my escape.
My safe place away from reality.
I can put my headphones in, turn my music up as loud as I want it to be, and escape.
I've found it extremely therapeutic in a sense.
I can drown out the real world with my music, while I'm in my zone.
I can escape the every-day hassle and the demands of the world.
It's amazing.
I think I am a newly addict of Gold's.

In other news...Andrew got his "assignment"...and though it was nowhere we had anticipated nor had Andrew, I am sure, he never wished this upon himself, but he's headed to ALASKA!
Poor kid won't know what hit him when he sees how darn cold Alaska can be!
I am sure the news was heartbreaking for him, who hoped to go to Florida, Hawaii, or even Germany...Alaska surely wasn't even on his top 50 places to end up, but I am really excited for him!
I know there's a reason he is headed to Alaska. They may just need some really amazing leadership up there right now, they made need a physically and mentally strong individual.
For whatever reason he was chosen to head to Alaska, I know he'll go above and beyond his call of duty.
He'll have to make the best of the situation, as he'll be living there for at least 12-18 months.
I am sure my Dad is in heaven, he has always dreamed about going to Alaska! Andrew gives my parents plenty of reasons to make that dream reality, and visit Alaska, along with Andrew, of course ;). And Hey, this might even mean I get to visit Alaska, which isn't my first choice of a vacation, but it would sure be a sight to see!
I'm proud of him, that is all.



I am sure there were moments in our pre-adult lives that Andrew wanted to fire a real canon at me...


Jamie, I wish I could brag about him, too, but I don't really keep up with his busy life.
He is living the dream in NY City.
Working in a law-firm ( I think? )
And spending any free minute with his amazing Girlfriend.
Life can't be too shabby for him.

It's funny to see where we have all ventured off to.
Who would have thought my parents would have their children all living out of state
Alaska, Utah, and New York.
It's sad to realize none of us will probably ever live in California again.
I always thought I would be a California girl forever...but that's not the case.
And apparently, my siblings won't be California people either.
I am the closest to home though, yet still too far!
My parents are empty-nesters, and apparently empty-staters too!

Tomorrow I am bidding farewell to these amazing girls

We have spent 4 long, difficult, tear-jerking, physically-draining, and losing months together.
I am SO proud of each of these girls for never once quitting on their coaches, who at times wanted to quit on them.
I am not sure the girls learned much, though I hope they have, but they sure taught me a lot.
They taught me what dedication really is all about.
I have never seen such a quite unique team.
From girls coming and going on the team, to losing every single game, to having to learn to trust themselves and one another...their basketball skills weren't the thing to watch.
But it was them becoming a team that was more remarkable.
I am SO thankful I had the opportunity to coach them.

These girls did some HARD things.
I now know I can do hard things.
And, you can too!



1 comment:

  1. I always think I'm the last one awake. Looks like you were! Good job on the gym!

    ReplyDelete