Happy New Year!!!
I feel like I am celebrating 2010 a date late..
It's now January 2nd at 4:30am and I can't sleep.
(*note to self: never have two Rock Stars at 12am*)
I feel like I am celebrating 2010 a date late..
It's now January 2nd at 4:30am and I can't sleep.
(*note to self: never have two Rock Stars at 12am*)
I've been thinking a lot about setting and sticking with new year's resolutions.
Those are so hard to come up with.
Commitments are so hard, either I'm letting myself or some one else down.
Hence, why setting resolutions are so difficult for me.
One thing I hope to accomplish this year is focusing on bettering myself and my future.
I need to find a balance in my life between school/work/fun time.
I need to take school seriously and focus on that over anything else.
I've never really put the time or effort into school like I should have.
But I think, for once, I'm ready to.
I've realized that by this time next year I will have gone through two semesters at The University of Utah.
I'll be 21.
I'll have been living in Utah 18 months.
I'll probably have lost touch with friends and connected with new friends.
My Brother will have graduated from Northwestern University.
I'll have survived one long and cold Utah Winter.
I'll have change, a lot, but that's to be expected.
I'm excited for what this year will bring.
I know that whatever is sent my way, that I'll have the strength to overcome it.
It will only make me stronger.
I know I'll have obstacles that will challenge me to greater abilities, and for once, I'm excited to hurdle over them.
As I look back at 2009, the change in who I was as of January 1st, 2009 to who I am today, January 2nd, 2010 is unbelievable.
I'm so much more confident in my abilities.
My drive to do better increases daily.
I feel that 2009 was my journey to get back on life's path; as I definitely decided to try the road less traveled, that ended in many dead ends.
I'm happier; I can't even describe why or how. But I am, and I love it.
I feel that I'm going somewhere. I'm finally on my own and learning so much about myself.
I'm grateful for the trials 2009 held for me. I know that without them, I would not be who I am today.
In exactly 11 days I will start my first Semester at The U, and another whole chapter of life will be opened up to me, literally.
I'm excited, I really am.
This post is a bunch of ramble, but that's what two rock starts will do to you.
I'm going to write something I'm grateful for everyday and today it only seems fitting that I mention my family.
As the Holidays came and went, I noticed the absence of my family in my life more.
Don't get me wrong, they're in my life, but being so many miles away from home (and especially during the Holidays) made me appreciate them all the more. I know families are forever, and what a blessing to know, but being away from them is so tough sometimes.
I am grateful they are only a phone call away. I am so thankful the love and support they have given me each and every day. I know that we may not always see eye to eye, but I still love them. I definitely miss them a lot and can't wait to spend time with them, whenever that may be.
Enough of my ramble.
I need sleep.
Those are so hard to come up with.
Commitments are so hard, either I'm letting myself or some one else down.
Hence, why setting resolutions are so difficult for me.
One thing I hope to accomplish this year is focusing on bettering myself and my future.
I need to find a balance in my life between school/work/fun time.
I need to take school seriously and focus on that over anything else.
I've never really put the time or effort into school like I should have.
But I think, for once, I'm ready to.
I've realized that by this time next year I will have gone through two semesters at The University of Utah.
I'll be 21.
I'll have been living in Utah 18 months.
I'll probably have lost touch with friends and connected with new friends.
My Brother will have graduated from Northwestern University.
I'll have survived one long and cold Utah Winter.
I'll have change, a lot, but that's to be expected.
I'm excited for what this year will bring.
I know that whatever is sent my way, that I'll have the strength to overcome it.
It will only make me stronger.
I know I'll have obstacles that will challenge me to greater abilities, and for once, I'm excited to hurdle over them.
As I look back at 2009, the change in who I was as of January 1st, 2009 to who I am today, January 2nd, 2010 is unbelievable.
I'm so much more confident in my abilities.
My drive to do better increases daily.
I feel that 2009 was my journey to get back on life's path; as I definitely decided to try the road less traveled, that ended in many dead ends.
I'm happier; I can't even describe why or how. But I am, and I love it.
I feel that I'm going somewhere. I'm finally on my own and learning so much about myself.
I'm grateful for the trials 2009 held for me. I know that without them, I would not be who I am today.
In exactly 11 days I will start my first Semester at The U, and another whole chapter of life will be opened up to me, literally.
I'm excited, I really am.
This post is a bunch of ramble, but that's what two rock starts will do to you.
I'm going to write something I'm grateful for everyday and today it only seems fitting that I mention my family.
As the Holidays came and went, I noticed the absence of my family in my life more.
Don't get me wrong, they're in my life, but being so many miles away from home (and especially during the Holidays) made me appreciate them all the more. I know families are forever, and what a blessing to know, but being away from them is so tough sometimes.
I am grateful they are only a phone call away. I am so thankful the love and support they have given me each and every day. I know that we may not always see eye to eye, but I still love them. I definitely miss them a lot and can't wait to spend time with them, whenever that may be.
Enough of my ramble.
I need sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment