Monday, January 11, 2010

Until We Meet Again, Nana



On January 6th my dear Grandmother passed away peacefully in her sleep.
After a short and ferocious battle with cancer, she took her last breath and left many great memories behind.

I'll remember all her hard work in the kitchen.
When we went to visit her when I was younger, Nana could always be found in the kitchen making various meals for numerous people. She was a fabulous cook and an even better baker.
Her Chocolate cake and cheesecake could be found on the counter, and was always consumed quickly thereafter.

Her laugh could make anyone smile. There was just something about it that I'll never forget, and I can't even explain her laugh. She often looked at me and told me how we look so much alike. Her red hair, long chin, small mouth, etc. I'm glad I have somebody's looks in the family, because I don't think I look like anyone in my family.

I'm glad she's not suffering anymore and I'm glad everyone was able to say goodbye.
We were able to prepare for her passing and I am so grateful for that.
I, too, am so happy to know that her journey is just beginning and that someday, we'll all be together again. This isn't goodbye, this is an I'll see you later...

RIP Nana

I am thankful I had twenty amazing years with her, longer than I had with my other Grandparent. I'm thankful she was able to be there for my High School graduation. I'm thankful I saw her before I moved to Utah and took pictures with her, pictures I'll have forever. I know she is, and would be, proud of me with whatever decision I make. She told me so.






No comments:

Post a Comment