(I'm not adopted, promised!)
All I have to say is...
9 DAYS!!!
We are going home in Nine Days!!
I think I'm more excited than Thomas (it's a girl thing) but I just can't wait.
I can't wait for him to meet the people that are so important in my life from back Home.
Only
1 more Bio class
1 more Math class
1 more Art class
then it's Spring Break!!
I am going to spend my free evenings going to the gym.
Sleeping.
Studying.
and taking a Break.
And chillin' in California!
It'll be excellent!!
I wish I had more exciting news to report.
But I don't.
Work, School, Work...the usual.
Utah has been blessing me with some warm weather (in the 50s) this week.
My Sunroof has been open, the windows down, the heat off...it's been wonderful.
I can't wait for the summer warmth to hit.
Lukas has been really fussy lately.
It hasn't made for a happy Emily, or a happy Lukas.
He has a one-of-a-kind whine. A distinct whimper. An intense cry.
Oh it's brutal, oh so brutal.
I really hope he's just teething.
Thomas tagged along today (so nice to have "grown up" company) as we went to the Discovery Gateway Museum. Lukas put on a show for Thomas and finally Thomas understands kids are difficult, not always just so super cute. By the end of the two hours Thomas was with us, he was ready for a nap. Try ten hours!
I'm doing a lot better at saying no.
I think I have hit a selfish stage in my life.
I hate to admit it, I really do.
I feel like I am such a giving person and do so much for others and expect nothing in return.
I feel like I am such a giving person and do so much for others and expect nothing in return.
But, for once I'm done focusing on others.
I'm focusing on myself and trying to balance my life without the fluster of other people's lives.
It's been really hard on me to become focused on myself because I care so deeply about each and every person in my life.
I hate to distance myself, but I just had to.
I was so overwhelmed and it just wasn't healthy.
I can say no.
and it's OK!
Tomorrow's Saint Patrick's Day and I wish I was at home to see the green theme I'm sure my Mom has going on.
From green foods to green toilet bowl water, it sure is fun!
I have yet to make it to the gym in the morning.
OK, so I'm NOT a morning person.
I can barely get out of bed for work let alone get out of bed an hour early for the gym!
But, I still go at night, I just think I'd have better days if I went early!
No comments:
Post a Comment