Wednesday, March 24, 2010

First Motorcycle Ride EVER!!


Ooops...forgot this important detail....
I SWORE on my LIFE that I would NEVER ride a motorcycle EVER!
I think they're dangerous, a waste of life, and plain ol' stupid!!

Probably one of the only things I don't like about Thomas is that he has one...and loves to ride it.

After expressing my hatred of Motorcycles to my Mother the other night, she got me thinking.
"You won't know unless you try it" and of course "you only live once".
I was surprised to hear comments such as those coming from my Mother who, so I thought, was so against motorcycles.

Her final comment was "Just get on the freeway, it's always fun when you can go fast".
Shocked, I was a little delighted to have my Mother's stamp of approval of Thomas' motorcycle and her encouragement to try it...so I did.
It wasn't easy. I was so hesitant to get on the bike.
It was late at night and pretty dang cold, but I got on that bike and we took off.
Not many cars were out, so we went at our own speed which wasn't very fast, but I caught myself telling Thomas to slow down every ten seconds. I am sure I was annoying.

I hate to admit that riding on the back wasn't all that bad.
It wasn't scary.
I didn't die.
We were safe.
We wore helmets (ok, I did).
I might try it again...soon.
I think it would be a ton of fun to ride during the Summer night because it'll be sooo warm!!


No comments:

Post a Comment